Scouting is a uniformed organisation. All Members are required to wear uniform for Group Meetings, when arriving and departing from events and for parades. Members should take pride in their uniform and do their best to look after the uniform and to look smart. Members are not expected to wear a uniform until they have been ‘invested’ (officially joined the Scout Association) which normally happens a few weeks after they initially join.
- Once settled in the Group, parents/carers should provide the following uniform:
- Dark green sweatshirt (see ‘Where to Buy’ below)
- Dark green Polo shirt (optional)
- Dark grey or black trousers, skirt or shorts (school style)
- Black shoes (not trainers)
- Cubs may also wear an optional dark green cap but this is not a requirement
- During your cub’s formal investiture (usually several weeks after joining – will be advised) the Cub Leaders will provide the following uniform items:
- Scout membership award badge, group name tape, district and county badges
Where to buy
You can buy uniform online from the following places:
It is also available from John Lewis at Cribbs Causeway (but not online).
Cubs earn badges for completing certain activities or events. These will be presented to the Cubs at regular intervals throughout the year, often at the end of term.
Badges should be sewn or glued in the positions shown on this diagram: