Scouting is a uniformed organisation. All Members are required to wear uniform for Group Meetings, when arriving and departing from events and for parades. Members should take pride in their uniform and do their best to look after the uniform and to look smart. Members are not expected to wear a uniform until they have been ‘invested’ (officially joined the Scout Association) which normally happens a few weeks after they initially join.
- Once settled in the Group, parents/carers should provide the following uniform:
- Turquoise sweatshirt (see ‘Where to Buy’ below)
- Turquoise Polo shirt (optional)
- Dark grey or black trousers, skirt or shorts (school style)
- Black shoes (not trainers)
- Beavers may also wear an optional turquoise blue cap but this is not a requirement
- During your beaver’s formal investiture (usually several weeks after joining – will be advised) the Beaver Leaders will provide the following uniform items:
- Scout membership award badge, group name tape, district and county badges
Where to buy
You can buy uniform online from the following places (links should take you directly to correct listings):
It is also available in-store from John Lewis at Cribbs Causeway (but not online).
Beaver badge positions
Beavers earn badges for completing certain activities or events. These will be presented to the Beavers at regular intervals throughout the year, often at the end of term.
Badges should be sewn or glued in the positions shown on this diagram: