How can you help Scouting at 7th Bristol Scout Group?
Whether you can spare two hours a week or one day a month, joining our volunteer team to help deliver the challenge and adventure of scouting is easy.
- You don’t need to have any previous experience in scouting, simply energy and enthusiasm
- You don’t need to be able to commit every week, flexible volunteering enables you to help around family and work commitments.
- You don’t need to just be working directly with young people, we also have background jobs such as fundraising, finances, campsite bookings admin or scout hut maintenance.
What can Scouting do for you?
Our adult volunteers get as much fun from Scouting as young people.
- You will get the opportunity to try a whole range of activities and new experiences
- You will develop your current skills and learn new ones
- You can enhance your CV
- You can take pride in contributing to the wellbeing of your local community
All vacancies are open to anyone over the age of 18, and unless otherwise stated are subject to an Enhanced DBS. (This is paid for by us.) Those working directly with young people and those who apply for a Trustee position (Executive Committee) will be asked to provide 2 referees later. Those working directly with young people will also be required to attend a short informal interview.
Working directly with young people
There are three important things for you to consider:
- What night of the week is most convenient to you?
- Which age group would you like to help with?
- How far are you prepared to travel?
Working in a support role
These vacancies usually offer more flexibility as to time commitment and are in no order.
Can’t find anything that interests you? Simply let us know what skills or interests you have and we’ll be in touch.